The following are the scholarship eligibility requirements for incoming out-of-state freshmen (effective Fall 2018):
Students must have less than 12 credits of college level coursework and meet all of the following criteria:
- ACT composite of 23+ (new SAT composite of 1130 or old SAT composite of 1050 cr+m)
- Cumulative high school GPA of 2.5+ on a non-weighted 4.0 scale
- English ACT of 18+ (SAT 25 (new) writing & language subscore or SAT 450 (old) SAT verbal)
- Math ACT of 19+ (SAT 500 (new) Math or SAT 460 (old) Math)
- Must be admitted to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
How to apply
Apply for admission to UL Lafayette.
- Scholarships will be awarded based upon the information submitted in your application for admission.
There is no deadline for the Out-of-State scholarship. Additional offers may be available for students with exceptionally high test scores. Students must meet eligibility requirements by January 31, 2017.
- Full non-resident fee exemption
- (Approximately $6,864 each semester for up to 10 semesters.)
A Legacy student is an out-of-state student whose parent(s) graduated from UL Lafayette; these students are granted a full non-resident fee exemption and may be eligible for in-state scholarship opportunities based upon academic credentials. A Louisiana Legacy student is an out-of-state student whose parent(s) graduated from a regionally accredited Louisiana university or college other than UL Lafayette; these students are granted a full non-resident fee exemption. Contact the UL Lafayette Registrar's Office to confirm legacy status.